Perdido 03

Perdido 03

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Andrew Cuomo: "I am the government, but I'm not my own campaign."

You can't make this stuff up:

Gov. Cuomo passed Thursday morning on saying whether he'll debate Fordham law professor Zephyr Teachout before the Sept. 9 Democratic primary.

The hands-on Cuomo said he's leaving the decision to the campaign.

"I'd leave that to the campaigns to work out, whatever they decide," said Cuomo during a soggy appearance at the state Fair opening in Syracuse.

When pressed what that means, he repeated: "I'll leave it to the campaigns to work out if there should be debates, who should participate. That's a campaign tactic that I will leave to the campaigns."

So Andy can't say whether he'll debate or not because it's up to the campaign manager.

And yet back in 2011:

ALBANY - Gov. Cuomo no longer sees himself as just a governor - he is the government.
Cuomo, during a radio interview Wednesday, flashed a little ego when he argued that his sky-high poll numbers are less about him personally and more about the renewed pride New Yorkers are taking in state government since he took office in January .

"I am the government," Cuomo said on Albany's Talk 1300.

Have you got that straight now?

He is the government, but he's not his own campaign.

2 comments: