TEANECK, N.J. (CBSNewYork) — “It’s none of your business.”
Those five words from Gov. Chris Christie over his children’s education have New Jersey voters in a tizzy, reports CBS 2’s Marcia Kramer.
He seems to revel in being the Billy Goat Gruff of New Jersey, but a particularly bombastic response by Gov. Christie on Thursday night to a parent on a public television show isn’t sitting well with local residents.
A mom named “Gail” started the ball rolling.
“You don’t send your children to public schools. You send them to private schools, so I was wondering why you think it’s fair to be cutting funding to public schools?” the woman asked.
It was a question Christie has gotten before, but this time it seemed to have gotten under his skin.
“Hey Gail, you know what, first of all it’s none of your business. I don’t ask you where you send your kids to school. Don’t bother me where I send mine,” the governor responded.
Kramer took video clip of the exchange to Teaneck where voters watched, listened and were appalled at the language coming out of the governor’s mouth.
“I’d put him into time-out for language,” Forrestine Sims said.
Christie certainly has his reasons for sending his kids to private school.
“We’ve decided as parents that we believe a religious education should be part of our kids’ everyday education,” Christie said.
But voters just didn’t like his tone and his explanation.
Christie spokesman Mike Drewniak said the governor was “was just being honest with the caller in what he believes is a personal and private decision on where his children attend school.”
Christie has been unrepentant about his style. He once told a room full of people he wasn’t elected to run a charm school.
The New Jersey Education Association said it has no problem with the governor sending his kids to private schools. It just would have liked for him to answer the question.
The hypocrisy of this creep knows no bounds.
Like the NJEA, I have no problem if Christie wants to send his kids to private school, Catholic school, Yeshiva school or a Madrassa.
What I do have a problem with is his gutlessness.
He needs to own up to where he sends his kids to school.
Just like so many of the other ed deformers - from Obama to Gates to Bloomberg to Duncan to Klein to Cathie Black - Christie sends his kids to private school.
So of course he doesn't give a shit about the budget cuts to public school.
Again, this is fine.
He just needs to own up to it.
Christie is a fat steak-eating lout. He could have answered the caller's question civilly by saying that he wanted his children to get a religious education. That answer would probably have been sufficient enough to achieve what was his real goal, which was to pander to the wack-job religious right. But that wasn't good enough for this guy. You wanted him New Jersey, you got him! How do people actually vote for these creeps? Much of the electorate has to be bereft of any common sense or perception.
ReplyDeleteSome of the people who voted for him are the union members getting screwed by his policies.
ReplyDeleteI voted for Corzine, btw.
That's what's so amazing - that people vote against their interests the way they do. By the way, just for the record, when I wrote my comment, I didn't know you were from NJ, and never thought for a second that you voted for him. From reading your excellent blog, I know you would never be duped.
ReplyDeleteWhen I started this blog, I was living in NYC. I have been working in NYC for ten years as a teacher. So I think many readers think I live in NYC. But even though I don't do too much on Jersey, I do, indeed, live in Jersey.
ReplyDeleteI really liked Corzine. I might have been the only one, but I happily voted for him. I thought he was pretty fair to teachers and schools and even unionized workers (though taking away the day after Thanksgiving as a holiday was shitty.) Of course, in comparison to Christie, Corzine was Eugene Debs!
We could use a Eugene Debs right now!
ReplyDeleteشركة تسليك مجاري بالدمام
ReplyDeleteشركة تنظيف كنب بالدمام
شركة تنظيف مساجد بالدمام
شركة تنظيف سجاد بالدمام
شركة تنظيف خزانات بالدمام
شركة تنظيف وصيانة مسابح بالدمام
شركة تنظيف الاثاث بالدمام
توكيل جالانز
ReplyDeleteتوكيل الاسكا
توكيل البا
توكيل هوفر
توكيل الكترولوكس
توكيل سيتال
ReplyDeleteتوكيل سميج
توكيل ايه اي جي
توكيل جاك
توكيل سامسونج
توكيل بوش
ReplyDeleteتوكيل اندست
توكيل دايو
توكيل جنرال اليكتريك
توكيل كلفنييوتر
ReplyDeleteتوكيل ويرلبول
توكيل زانوسي
توكيل هاير
ReplyDeleteتوكيل ميلا
توكيل طومسون
توكيل وايت بوينت
توكيل وايت ويل
توكيل ويستنجهاوس
توكيل كاريير
توكيل بوتاجاز توشيبا
ReplyDeleteتوكيل بوتاجاز سيمنس
توكيل بوتاجاز فريجيدير
توكيل بوتاجاز يونيفرسال
توكيل بوتاجاز سامسونج
توكيل بوتاجاز بوش
توكيل بوتاجاز شارب
ReplyDeleteتوكيل بوتاجاز دايو
توكيل بوتاجاز اندست
توكيل بوتاجاز يونيون اير
توكيل بوتاجاز تكنوجاز
توكيل بوتاجاز وستنجهاوس
توكيل بوتاجاز وايت ويل
توكيل بوتاجاز وايت بوينت
ReplyDeleteتوكيل بوتاجازات زانوسي
توكيل بوتاجازات كريازي
توكيل بوتاجازات هايسنس
توكيل بوتاجاز كلفينيتور
توكيل بوتاجاز الكتروستار
توكيل بوتاجازات جاك
توكيل بوتاجاز ال جي
توكيل ثلاجات توشيبا
ReplyDeleteتوكيل ثلاجات سيمنس
توكيل ثلاجات فريجيدير
توكيل ثلاجات سوني
توكيل ثلاجات يونيفرسال
توكيل ثلاجات سامسونج
توكيل ثلاجات بوش
ReplyDeleteتوكيل ثلاجات شارب
توكيل ثلاجات دايو
توكيل ثلاجات اندست
توكيل ثلاجات يونيون اير
توكيل ثلاجات وستنجهاوس
توكيل ثلاجات وايت ويل
توكيل ثلاجات وايت بوينت
ReplyDeleteتوكيل ثلاجات زانوسي
توكيل ثلاجات كريازي
توكيل ثلاجات هايسنس
توكيل ثلاجات كلفينيتور
توكيل ثلاجات الكتروستار
توكيل ثلاجات جاك
توكيل ثلاجات ال جي
توكيل ثلاجات الاسكا
توكيل ديب فريزر توشيبا
ReplyDeleteتوكيل ديب فريزر سيمنس
توكيل ديب فريزر فريجيدير
توكيل ديب فريزر سوني
توكيل ديب فريزر يونيفرسال
توكيل ديب فريزر سامسونج
توكيل ديب فريزر شارب
ReplyDeleteتوكيل ديب فريزر دايو
توكيل ديب فريزر اندست
توكيل ديب فريزر يونيون اير
توكيل ديب فريزر وستنجهاوس
توكيل ديب فريزر وايت ويل
توكيل ديب فريزر وايت بوينت
توكيل ديب فريزر زانوسي
ReplyDeleteتوكيل ديب فريزر كريازي
توكيل ديب فريزر هايسنس
توكيل ديب فريزر كلفينيتور
توكيل ديب فريزر الكتروستار
توكيل ديب فريزر جاك
توكيل ديب فريزر ال جي
توكيل ديب فريزر الاسكا
توكيل سخانات توشيبا
ReplyDeleteتوكيل سخانات سيمنس
توكيل سخانات يونيفرسال
توكيل سخانات سامسونج
توكيل سخانات بوش
توكيل سخانات دايو
توكيل سخانات اندست
ReplyDeleteتوكيل سخانات يونيون اير
توكيل سخانات تكنوجاز
توكيل سخانات وايت ويل
توكيل سخانات زانوسي
توكيل سخانات كريازي
توكيل سخانات هايسنس
توكيل سخانات جاك
توكيل سخانات ال جي
توكيل شاشات توشيبا
ReplyDeleteتوكيل شاشات سوني
توكيل شاشات يونيفرسال
توكيل شاشات سامسونج
توكيل شاشات شارب
توكيل شاشات دايو
ReplyDeleteتوكيل شاشات يونيون اير
توكيل شاشات هايسنس
توكيل شاشات جاك
توكيل شاشات ال جي
توكيل شاشات توشيبا
ReplyDeleteتوكيل شاشات سوني
توكيل شاشات يونيفرسال
توكيل شاشات سامسونج
توكيل شاشات شارب
توكيل شاشات دايو
ReplyDeleteتوكيل شاشات يونيون اير
توكيل شاشات هايسنس
توكيل شاشات جاك
توكيل شاشات ال جي
توكيل غسلات توشيبا
ReplyDeleteتوكيل غسالات سيمنس
توكيل غسالات فريجيدير
توكيل غسالات سوني
توكيل غسالات يونيفرسال
توكيل غسالات سامسونج
توكيل غسالات بوش
ReplyDeleteتوكيل غسالات شارب
توكيل غسالات دايو
توكيل غسالات اندست
توكيل غسالات يونيون اير
توكيل غسالات وستنجهاوس
توكيل غسالات وايت ويل
توكيل غسالات وايت بوينت
ReplyDeleteتوكيل غسالات زانوسي
توكيل غسالات كريازي
توكيل غسالات هايسنس
توكيل غسالات كلفينيتور
توكيل غسالات الكتروستار
توكيل غسالات جاك
توكيل غسالات ال جي
توكيل ميكروويف توشيبا
ReplyDeleteتوكيل ميكروويف سيمنس
توكيل ميكروويف فريجيدير
توكيل ميكروويف سوني
توكيل ميكروويف يونيفرسال
توكيل ميكروويف سامسونج
توكيل ميكروويف بوش
ReplyDeleteتوكيل ميكروويف شارب
توكيل ميكروويف دايو
توكيل ميكروويف اندست
توكيل ميكروويف يونيون اير
توكيل ميكروويف وستنجهاوس
توكيل ميكروويف وايت ويل
ReplyDeleteتوكيل ميكروويف وايت بوينت
توكيل ميكروويف زانوسي
توكيل ميكروويف هايسنس
توكيل ميكروويف الكتروستار
توكيل ميكروويف جاك
توكيل ميكروويف ال جي