Seriously, a fucking joke:
LAS VEGAS (AP) -- President Barack Obama is urging liberal activists and bloggers to "keep up the fight" to bring change to Washington.
In a video played Saturday at the annual Netroots Nation convention, the president acknowledged that some in the party's left wing have been unhappy with the pace of change. Liberals have been disenchanted on issues from the ongoing wars in Iraq and Afghanistan to the failure to create a government-run insurance option in the health care overhaul.
The president says in the brief video that the combat mission in Iraq will end in August.
It's a tough election year for Democrats, but Obama warned about returning to Republican policies "that got us into the mess."
He says "change is hard," and he urged hundreds of activists and bloggers in the audience to "keep making your voices heard."
Obama urged the crowd to "consider what we've accomplished," then rolled a clip of Rachel Maddow laying out some of the administration's legislative victories.
Yeah, let ME lay out some of the administration's legislative victories:
1. Race to the Top boondoggle to fire teachers, close schools, tie teacher pay and evaluations to test scores, and privatize the public school system by encouraging states to close public schools and reopen them as charters run by for-profit Education Management Organizations - MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!!
2. Force uninsured Americans to buy shitty health insurance from the health insurance industry (bringing the industry billions in yummy yummy extra profits and charging Americans a 2.5% income penalty if they don't buy in) while charging Americans with employer-provided health insurance a 40% excise tax so that their employers will either drop their coverage completely or change it for shittier, cheaper coverage - MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!!
3. Turn the war in Afghanistan into a non-ending, Bush-like boondoggle that costs billions of dollars and hundreds of American lives a year- all to show the wingnuts you're not some commie pinko liberal fag pussy like Dennis Kucinich or Jimmy Carter - MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!!
4. Carry on the Bush surveillance policies without Congressional oversight, continue to erode the rights of Americans, spy on people here and abroad and accumulate more power for the executive branch - MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!!
5. Screw up the stimulus package money by using it for non-stimulative programs like Race to the Top instead of using the money to fix infrastructure, build roads, fix transit systems, and put people to work like it was intended to (and now say that 9% unemployment all the way to 2012 isn't a bad thing at all anyway!) - MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!!
6. Bail out the banks and financial industry, talk trash about the bonus money the scumbag bankers pay themselves but do nothing to stop them or recollect that money and pass a financial reform law that would have done nothing to stop the last financial meltdown and will do nothing to stop the next one either - MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!!
7. Put homeowners with mortgage trouble into a federal program designed by the administration that squeezes six months of additional payments out of them before they get foreclosed on and lose their homes anyway - and use federal tax money to do it - MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!!
HOLY FUCKING SHIT, that is some change I CANNOT BELIEVE IN and WISH I HAD NOT VOTED FOR.
But fool me once, you're the screwhead; fool me twice and it's my problem.
So as a liberal blogger and activist who has been a steady vote for Democrats going back to 1985 and has been blogging since 2005, I must respond with a very terse answer to President Accountability and his merry band of public school privatizers, neo-con foreign policy people, and hedge fund managers/financial advisers as they ask us to "keep up the fight":
I'M KEEPING UP THE FIGHT, MR. PRESIDENT...I'M KEEPING UP THE FIGHT TO SEND YOUR CORPORATE WHORE/CRIMINAL ASS BACK TO CHICAGO.
Same goes for EMO whore Duncan at Education, Monsanto whore Vilsack at Agriculture and Blago whore Rahm Emanuel at the White House.
That's the fight I am engaged in.
And the only thing that would make me happier than seeing your crooked ass sent back to Chicago in 2012 is seeing you carted out of the White House in handcuffs with a jacket over your wrists for the photo op.