Wireless Generation creates innovative tools, systems and services that help educators teach with excellence. With its solutions, educators can easily apply research-based, proven practices such as frequent progress monitoring and needs diagnosis, data-informed decision-making, differentiated instruction, and professional collaborations across classrooms, grades, and schools. The company has helped educators address and solve some of the most pressing challenges in teaching and learning. Wireless Generation currently serves more than 200,000 educators and three million students.
Professional Development Designer
We seek a training designer, with a passion for education reform, to create action-oriented, job-embedded professional development that inspires educators and gives them the tools they need to propel student achievement. The successful candidate will be a collaborative team player, strong writer, and skilled instructional designer.
Responsibilities of the Professional Development Designer:
- Lead the development of PD content and related materials for one or more WGen products, including partnering with the relevant product teams, writing workshop content, collaborating with subject matter experts and others, and creating materials for trainers and participants using PowerPoint and other software. Training will be administered in the classroom, as webinars, and/or through e-learning, for teachers and instructional leaders.
- Conduct mock trainings, internal training sessions, consultant trainer prep calls in a train-the-trainer format, and possibly customer trainings as needed.
- Demonstrate complete ownership of their PD projects and outcomes, including attending the initial training when workshops are newly developed, which likely requires infrequent travel.
- Support other team members’ projects as needed.
Requirements of the Professional Development Designer:
- Minimum 1 year experience creating professional development (could include experience as a literacy coach).
- Masters degree in education, instructional/curriculum design, or closely related field required.
- Minimum 3 years experience as a K-12 teacher is preferred.
- Demonstrated passion for education reform and an understanding of adult learning principles required.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills.
- Fluency with MS Office suite and an ability to grasp technical concepts and programs quickly.
- Ability to think creatively and contribute to a collaborative team
I notice that even as Bloomberg gets ready to lay off thousands of teachers in NYC, the charter schools and corporate education reform organizations and thinktanks continue to hire.