Perdido 03

Perdido 03

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Teacher Appreciation Day

Somebody told me that yesterday was Teacher Appreciation Day.

I found this out at a meeting about the new Danielson rubric.

I can't think of too many things that make me feel less appreciated than a 57 page observation rubric with a checklist on each page that's going to be used on me six times a year.

Maybe a value added measurement based upon student test scores with a 52% median margin of error?

Or a mayor who plans to spend some philanthropy money making sure teachers do not get retroactive raises once he leaves office?

Yeah, I guess those are up there with Danielson too.

It's great to be appreciated, isn't it?

2 comments:

  1. I noticed that...May 8, 2013 at 1:38 PM

    In Bloomberg's world, yesterday was Teacher Depreciation Day.

    ReplyDelete