Perdido 03

Perdido 03

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Weiner: I Am NOT Sexting Anybody!

Why couldn't he be this definitive before?

Anthony Weiner tells NBC 4 New York he is "100 percent not" having any type of online relationships with anyone now, and says for the first time he has not kept any records of his past lewd affairs.

"I don't have any of the records," Weiner said in an interview Friday. "I deleted everything."

 ...

He has been trailed at every appearance by reporters and photographers, and gave a series of interviews Friday in what appeared to be an attempt to close the door on the conversation. 
During his 15 minutes with NBC 4 New York, he grew weary of the topic, insisting at one point that the details of his illicit affairs, which he says ended about a year ago, didn't matter.

"The behavior that people know about, I did, over an extended period of time, with more than one person," Weiner said. "I just think at a certain point, OK, I think people know these embarrassing things about me. I think at a certain point now we have to have a conversation that goes to, alright, what else should people know?"

..

He went on to say he did not even like engaging in the relationships when he was in the midst of it.  "I didn't like when I was doing it, it was wrong to do, it was wrong to my wife, wrong period," he said.

Couple of things here: 

It's still hard to believe he's telling the complete truth here.

Why couldn't he be this definitive about his sexting-free timeline before?

Instead he's been evasive and slippery in his responses to these kinds of questions.

And we know from experience that when Anthony Weiner is evasive and slippery in his responses, it usually means he's hiding something.

Second point: He says he didn't even like the sexting when he was doing it, that he knew it was wrong but he kept doing it.

That sounds an awful lot like an addiction, doesn't it?

And yet, he says he's not addicted to sexting, says he's not a sex addict or compulsive.

If that's so, why did he keep sexting even when he didn't like doing it and knew it was wrong?

I used to be addicted to cigarettes.

For years I was sick of smoking, sick of smelling like smoke, sick of coughing up a lung in the morning, sick of spending my own money to kill myself  - but I couldn't stop smoking because I was addicted to the nicotine.

I suffered an allergy that affected my breathing and finally helped me to hit a bottom with the cigarettes and quit.

I used nicotine gum for about 8 weeks, weened myself off the gum, and have been smoke free for fourteen years.

I love that I am a non-smoker.

I also know that if I were to ever smoke even one cigarette ever again, I probably would go back to smoking a pack a day.

And I would hate myself for it but I wouldn't be able to help myself either.

That's the nature of addiction.

Anthony Weiner doesn't seem to understand that yet.

He says he has sought out the help of professionals, but apparently he hasn't learned that it's only in admitting the addiction and ridding yourself of denial that you come to recovery.

Weiner still sounds like he is very much in the denial stage and I would not be surprised in the near future to hear that he has taken up his Twitter communications once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment