Perdido 03

Perdido 03

Monday, January 27, 2014

Space Aliens, Yellow Dust And Stars On The ELA Regents...

Normally when I finish proctoring the ELA Regents and see some of my students outside the building after the test, they say that test wasn't so bad, here's what I wrote for this part, etc.

Today when I saw students outside the building, they all said "What was up with that test?"

I also heard:

"What was up with those passages?"

"I wasn't sure about that quote..."

And...

"What was that yellow dust thing about?"

We'll see what the grading chart looks like, but if it looks anything like the charts from last January, June or August, the passing percentages for this ELA Regents exam season aren't going to be too high.

I'll wait to see the scoring chart before I declare today's ELA Regents exam a deliberate doubling down on low test scores in NY State.

But judging by the reaction of students after the test, it's not looking so great.

6 comments:

  1. Yeah - going to be rare to find a 2/2 on that part of the Regents exam when the grading is done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. Ugly tasks 26 and 27. It feels like doubling down. But then again, I'd tell you to take a gander at the high school anchor texts, where the Communist Manifesto is an alternate text for English 11 and The Awakening closes out the year. But the link disappeared since this morning. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was doubling down - just saw the grading chart. Going to be high failure rate.

      Delete
  3. Yellow dust in the stars with diamonds.
    Yellow dust in the stars with diamonds....

    We all live in a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine
    a yellow submarine.

    A yellow submarine with yellow dust and diamonds

    oh oh

    I saw a film today\, oh boy! A yellow submarine with filled with dust! and the though the film was rather sad, I just had to laugh. I'd love to turn you on.

    I saw a photograph today oh boy. The pineapple and the hare had turned to dust. And though the dus twas rather yellow. I just had to laugh. I'd love to turn youuuuuu onnnnn!

    How many hares it takes to fill the Albert Hall ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all live in a yellow submarine,
    yellow submarine, yellow submarine,
    We all live in a yellow submarine,
    yellow submarine, yellow submarine.

    (Full speed ahead, Mr. Boatswain full speed ahead!
    Full speed it is, Sgt
    Cut the cable, Drop the cable
    Aye, aye, sir, Aye, aye
    Captain! Captain!)

    As we live a life of ease(life of ease)
    Every one of us(every one of us) has all we need,(has all we need)
    Sky of blue,(sky of blue) and sea green,(sea of green)
    In our yellow(In our yellow) submarine.(submarine) ( Haha! )

    ReplyDelete