Perdido 03

Perdido 03

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Using Andrew Cuomo's Own Ad Against Him

This was a campaign ad Andrew Cuomo ran last July touting the formation of his "independent" Moreland Commission:





This was Cuomo to the Crain's editorial board responding to criticism that he had "tampered" with his independent commission and might now be investigated by the US Attorney for the Southern District, Preet Bharara: 

In an interview Wednesday with the Crain’s editorial board, Mr. Cuomo responded to recent comments by Southern District U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara that he would take “very, very seriously any suggestion” that Mr. Cuomo’s office interfered with the Moreland Commission, which Mr. Cuomo empaneled in 2013 to investigate corruption in the state Legislature. Mr. Bharara declined to rule out investigating whether Mr. Cuomo’s office had sought to influence the commission.

But Mr. Cuomo told Crain’s that because he formed the Moreland Commission himself, his administration would have the legal leeway to be involved in its affairs.

“It’s not a legal question. The Moreland Commission was my commission,” Mr. Cuomo explained. “It’s my commission. My subpoena power, my Moreland Commission. I can appoint it, I can disband it. I appoint you, I can un-appoint you tomorrow.

"So, interference? It’s my commission. I can’t 'interfere' with it, because it is mine. It is controlled by me.”

If I'm Rob Astorino, I use Cuomo's own ad from 2013, paid for by his campaign and touting Moreland as an "independent" investigative commission, against him.

Why not - it literally writes itself and has the added value of being really, really true.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Sheriff Andy,

    Start with what's in YOUR wallet when it comes to corruption, or go back to Mayberry and share a cell with Otis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love it when a corrupt, self-centered politician puts on a halo but it has to go over his horns.

    Cuomo's "made of pure gold, its chest and arms of silver, its belly and thighs of bronze, its legs of iron, its feet partly of iron and partly of baked clay."

    He stall fall!

    ReplyDelete