Here is a post by Timothy Skelar from @ The Chalk Face on the procedures teachers must take if students get sick while taking their Common Core test - or if they get sick on that Common Core test.
The “puke procedures” below were sent to us by a REAL teacher from a REAL school.
Teachers administering or proctoring the STATE exams are to do the following in the event of a student becomes sick/ill while taking the test:
If a student becomes sick on the test:
- Inform the proctor assigned to your testing area that there is a student who is sick/ill and needs to see the nurse.
- Collect the student’s test booklet and answers and place in the large envelope.
- Ask the proctor to escort the student to the nurse’s office (without anything in their possession).
- If the student returns to the classrooms, have the student take their seat while you give their testing materials back to them to continue testing.
- Notify the proctor assigned to your testing area. The proctor will notify our testing coordinators (Ms.damper/Ms. Ricket). Do not throw the materials away!
- The testing coordinator and the custodian will secure the testing materials in a plastic bag. The bag will be sent immediately to the locked test storage room.
- Testing coordinator will follow the appropriate next steps and contact the district assessment office.
Oh, yes - the NYSED are so concerned that the test will end up in the wrong hands that they want that material returned even if a student has gotten sick on it.
Hell, they may still have the test graded and the teacher VAMMED with it as well.
This is about making sure that they keep the test contents secret from the public and the press.
I asked yesterday, but I'll ask the question again:
Why is NYSED so scared about having someone reveal the contents of the tests?
Are they worried they won't hold up to scrutiny?
Are they simply trying to keep the contents secret so they can repeat the same test materials year after year?
Is it a combination of both?
Whatever it is, you must know that you had better bag up that vomit-soaked NY State Common Core test and send it back to NYSED.
Andrew Cuomo, John King and Merryl Tisch want to make sure it doesn't fall into the wrong hands.
Hey...would love to meet the person who comes to retrieve and resurrect test..LOL. I can't believe how money is wasted. I can just see a roomful of reformers scratching their head and saying..."I don't do vomit".ReplyDelete
Schoolbook has a report tonight from one principal who had one of his students actually get sick right on the test:ReplyDelete