Perdido 03

Perdido 03

Friday, March 11, 2011

Scary Story

I dunno what I would do if this happened to me:

A Brooklyn restaurateur, adopted as a baby, was shocked to learn his biological father is none other than "Motor City Madman" Ted Nugent.

Bay Ridge native Ted Mann, 42, got the news about "The Nuge" in an October phone call from a sister he never knew he had. She had reached out to the adoption agency that placed him.

"I'm like, 'What!?'" laughed Mann, whose newest eatery is Cubana Social in Williamsburg. "It took me a little while to kind of breathe normal again - and not just sit in my house staring at YouTube videos of him running around like a crazy person."

Nugent, the "Cat Scratch Fever" rocker known for his pro-gun stance and a VH1 reality show where he made people build outhouses and skin a wild boar, immediately welcomed Mann into the family.

"His first words to me were 'Hello, son,'" Mann said. "Within an hour of knowing him, he said, 'Let's go shoot some guns.'"


I suppose it could have been worse - like you find out your biological father is one of the guys from Styx or something.

That would be the worst of times, wouldn't it?

2 comments:

  1. Watched about 40 seconds of the video and could take no more. Holy shit, did these guys suck !

    ReplyDelete
  2. De Young is particularly odious. Styx were one of those right wing bands too - blue collar Reagan Dems, stand on your own, I'm not a charity case and you shouldn't be either kind of group. Tommy Shaw of Styx and Nugent were in a band together too. So it all fits together...

    ReplyDelete