Perdido 03

Perdido 03

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Parent Teacher Conferences

Parent-Teacher Conference Thursday usually turns into a 13 hour day for me.

This is starting to really do me in.

I teach all day, do some grading in between, get some dinner, then meet with 75 parents in 2 and a 1/2 hours in the evening.

By the time I get home, I am really, really tired.

Maybe I should be replaced by a Teach For America Barbie Doll who can happily do the 13 hour conference day, throw back some beers at the Saint Paddy's Day/Alcoholics4Educators gathering in Williamsburg, and make it back for the next school day looking none the worse for wear.

I, on the other hand, will have circles under my eyes as dark as Danny Devito's seven day shadow - and that's without the late-night partying.

Just another good reason to get rid of seniority, right Mr. Mayor?

1 comment:

  1. I had 12 parents. Best thing I ever did was refuse to send out letters this year.

    ReplyDelete