Perdido 03

Perdido 03

Sunday, October 27, 2013

What Goes On

The Velvet Underground album that I first got into was the third album, the one with Doug Yule on it.

John Cale, who I later came to respect greatly for both his work on the first two Velvet Underground albums and his solo albums, was already gone.

I came to the album off an REM b-side, a cover of "There She Goes Again" (which was actually a VU song off the Velvet Underground And Nico album.)

I was a huge fan of the Murmur-era REM, so I ran out to buy Velvet Underground and Nico album, but Sam Goody at the mall only had the third album.

I bought it and it blew my head, changed my taste in music forever.

I went into the city and bought the Velvet Underground and Nico and White Light/White Heat the next week, the live album 1969 a week later.

Seminal albums that are still a part of my core, no matter how far I get from 1982, no matter how much I grow.

Here's What Goes On, a live version of the song from that third Velvet Underground album:


No comments:

Post a Comment