Gotham Schools has Bloomberg's/Klein's teachers contract demands.
1. Merit pay
2. 4 months for excessed teachers to find a job or be fired
3. Career ladder with "apprentice," "practicing," "mentor," and "master" designations created
4. Elimination of retention rights
5. Elimination of all sabbaticals except for health-related ones
6. Teachers accused of wrongdoing lose salary while under investigation
7. DOE wants easier rules to declare teachers "incompetent" - currently city has to prove incompetence; under new rules, teacher is assumed incompetent if the DOE says h/she is until h/she can prove otherwise
8. Sick days reduced from 10 to 5
9. High school teachers would have to cover 6 classes without pay
10. Employees would receive 1/3 of accumulated CAR days instead of current 1/2 when they retire
11. Employees cannot go below 0 in their CAR bank (so employees fired if this happens?)
The city's list is dated September 10, 2009. So the UFT knew this was what the city was seeking prior to the election and STILL didn't work against Bloomberg in the election.