Perdido 03

Perdido 03

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Roseanne Barr/Cindy Sheehan

I haven't settled on my 2012 vote just yet, other than I will NOT be voting for either Mitt Romney or Barack Obama - both of whom are corporatist whores looking to complete the nation's move to neo-feudalism.

I am debating voting for Jill Stein of the Green Party.

But I am intrigued by the Peace and Freedom Party, which is running Roseanne Barr and Cindy Sheehan on its ticket.

Here's what Roseanne is running on:


Roseanne Barr thinks America has been “bamboozled and hoodwinked.” She is referring to the government, which she says is “owned by bankers.” Her solution is simple: “Vote for me. I’m not a liar. I’m not a thief. I’m not a whore,” she says. “And I’m not a politician. I think that uniquely qualifies me to become president of the U.S.”

...

“There is no real third party in America,” she says. “There’s this one party that has two sides to it—the Democratic and Republican side. It’s one party that has two heads. We want to give voters a choice for people not owned by Wall Street.”

...

“Our party is about peace and freedom—Americans have been been bullshitted into forgetting that war does not mean freedom ... When I’m president, I’m gonna outlaw bullshit.”

...

Among the key points in her platform, Barr says she wants to cut back on military spending and bases abroad, bring troops home, create a financial-transaction tax, crack down on corporate outsourcing of jobs overseas, and remove caps on taxes for the rich. She also wants to create a single-payer health-care system and legalize marijuana.

She believes prison time should be reserved for violent criminals—with the exception of the Wall Street bankers who have “defrauded the working class and middle class,” she says. “Those people should be in jail.”

...

She thinks her history as a comedian works in her favor, not against. “In order to be able to write a good joke, you have to find the truth,” she says. “I’ve spent 30 years as a comedian focused on working-class issues. Working-class people do not have a vote in this country. That’s the real reason why I’m running and why I’ve put up my own money to seek ballot access in all 50 states. I will keep running till I win.”

Barr says the government is “not supposed to be run like a business” and is “supposed to protect people from fat cats.” She adds, “They had the big bubble that they created. If you watched cable TV, you just saw all the time: ‘Time for a second mortgage!’ That was a scam, just theft.” She calls the battle between Republicans and Democrats a choice between “Satan and Satan.” And Romney? “About the most corrupt person that ever lived.”

...

When asked if she would accept donations from companies or political action committees, she says, “Special interests don’t want no part of me—they know I can’t be bought. Their god is money, and they are devout. I’m just trying to get signatures and get on ballots. It does cost money. We would rather take it from people with a decent heart and clean hands. We’d rather take $5 from a grandmother.”

Barr, who grew up in a working-class family in Salt Lake City, Utah, says she knows what it’s like to struggle. “I was raised on government cheese,” she says. “As an adult, in my first marriage, my husband and I worked real hard just to go bankrupt. I happened to write some jokes about it. I did real well for myself.”

I really like what she's saying here.

4 comments:

  1. Barr is a better choice than the two blowhard corporate whores named Obama and Romney. However, lets hope that Romney's billionaire friends provide Romney with 10 times as much money as Obama. Then we see Romney outspend but barely win in a very close election. We would then see witness the plutocrats bark like pitbulls in a mudpit about their campaign finance laws. It takes a large number of shit-eating lawyers and pantywaist politicians to ruin what was once a great nation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kind of disappointing she would run as a Green, fail, then abandon and oppose the party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good point, NYC. A very good point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am out here in Oregon and am looking at voting for Rocky Anderson for president.

    I absolutely will NOT vote for either of the two major party candidates. Not a dime's worth of difference between them.

    ReplyDelete