Perdido 03

Perdido 03

Monday, November 22, 2010

Republicans Call Chris Christie A Bully

Over capping school superintendent salaries, of course.

Gee, when he was taking on teachers and calling for district layoffs and salaries to be based upon test scores and merit pay rather than salary steps, I didn't hear these guys complaining.

And while I agree with their argument - in a state that pays a public university football coach $2 million a year, where does Christie come off capping district superintendent salary at $175,000? - I don't have as much sympathy for the superintendents as I might have had they not called for layoffs and merit pay for teachers to save district money.

I think it's good they get a taste of Christie's medicine themselves.

In Chris Christie's New Jersey, only he gets unlimited access to taxpayer money.

Now the superintendents in even the wealthiest New Jersey districts know that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment