WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 6 PM EST WEDNESDAY...
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN NEW YORK HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR SNOW AND ICE...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 6 PM EST WEDNESDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.
* LOCATIONS...SOUTHERN CONNECTICUT...NORTHERN PORTIONS OF THE NEW YORK CITY METROPOLITAN AREA AND PORTIONS OF NORTHEAST NEW JERSEY.
* HAZARD TYPES...MAINLY SNOW ALONG WITH SOME SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN.
* ACCUMULATIONS...SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 4 TO 8 INCHES...ALONG WITH AROUND A TENTH OF AN INCH OF ICE.
* VISIBILITIES...ONE QUARTER TO ONE HALF MILE.
* TIMING...SNOW LATE TONIGHT THROUGH WEDNESDAY MORNING...MIXING WITH AND CHANGING TO SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN LATER WEDNESDAY.
* IMPACTS...SNOW AND ICE ON ROADS WILL CREATE HAZARDOUS TRAVEL.
The ice is something to watch here.
There's no way school will be called for this storm - there is another storm on the horizon for Sunday/Monday (with a potential for a lot of snow) and this one is "only" supposed to drop 4-8 on the area.
Of course if that 4-8 is followed by freezing rain that makes a lot of surfaces around the region into hockey ice, that will make for a very scary commute for those on the roads - especially for people coming from Long Island.
And I would imagine attendance will be impacted once again.