Perdido 03

Perdido 03

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Oprah Says Critics Need To Show Obama "Respect"

The woman with the ego bigger than her bank account says critics need to show Obama respect:

Oprah called on President Obama's critics on Friday to show "a certain level of respect.”

"I feel that everybody has a learning curve, and I feel that the reason why I was willing to step out for him was because I believed in his integrity and I believed in his heart," the influential TV host said on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” in Chicago.

Of the negative mood of the country, Oprah added, “I think everybody complaining ought to try it for once.”

She said the presidency is a position that “holds a sense of authority and governance over us all,” and that “even if you’re not in support of his policies, there needs to be a certain level of respect.”


You know what, Oprah?

There needs to be a certain level of respect for the people who make this country run - the cops and firemen and teachers and other public workers who have been under the gun (quite literally these days with the Wisconsin governor threatening to use National Guard troops against public employees) by corporate-owned politicians like Obama and corporate-shill celebrities like yourself.

Instead of respect, public employees have become the scapegoat for all that is wrong with the country.

Meanwhile elitist celebrities like yourself yuck it up with elitist journalists like the Morning Joe crew on elitist-owned networks that promote elitist economic and political policies that the elitist (and corporate-owned) Barack Obama is happy to carry out.

Until YOU show respect for us, we show NO RESPECT for you, for Obama, or for any of the other corporate shills and overlords.

In fact, given how the corporate side is ratcheting up the anti-labor rhetoric, you can be sure that things are going to get a lot less respectful in the near future.

So why don't you take Michelle Rhee's faked test scores, Michelle Obama's Walmart pay stubs, Barack Obama's Gates Foundation payola and 20 years of sanctimonious soundbites from your OWN show and shove them up your fat elitist corporate ass.

Oh, and by the way, how's that Oprah Winfrey Network thing working out?

5 comments:

  1. Wonder how much respect Oprah had for GW. More than I did, I hope. I'm very sad I can't muster any more respect for Obama than I had for GW. I have less, perhaps, because I expected Obama to be an improvement, and now I can barely tell the difference. I mean, sure, he doesn't have that annoying affected accent, but besides that, what's new?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all the same old shit coming out of the oligarchs' mouths. Let's not forget how Harpo campaigned for Cathie's Choice - inserting her considerable heft into the workings of NYC, as if the people here don't matter. Oh wait, my mistake, that's right, we DON'T matter. Until Harpo, or Obama, for that matter, steps into the boots of a firefighter, behind the shield of a police officer, the complexities of a Title I public school teacher, the gloves of a sanitation worker, she should shut the fuck up.

    Thank you, Perdido Street School, for not censoring the expletives when they are sometimes the most concise way of expressing how I feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After shoving Chattie Cathie down our throats, Oprah need to STFU!

    I'm not even going to go into her private school in my country that's always rocked in some horrendous scandal or other.

    STFU Oprah.

    As for Obama, I lost respect for him when I realized he's destroying the public education system in this country through privatization. He doesn't give a damn about my daughter, who like him has an African parent and a White American parent. All while sending his kids to a school that doesn't believe in standardized testing and has a PTA!

    What a shame...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Perdido Street, for providing a very, very much needed laugh! I look forward to your blog on a daily basis and you never let me down. A shill is a shill as a whore is a whore and an honest man calls them as much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. President Teddy Roosevelt's motto was "Speak softly and carry a big stick." Name the President whose motto is "Jigaboo for Jihad and not Jesus!" (For a related web article that some have banned, Google "Obama Fulfilling the Bible.")

    ReplyDelete